We are serious about packing in as much good stuff into our baked snacks as we can. Bone broth is one of those ingredients, and ours is looking fantastic this morning.
3kg of rich Australian beef bones, tumeric, apple cider vinegar and a whole lot of patience while the magic happens. Here is a basic recipe if you want to make it at home. Its super simple if you have a slow cooker at home.
Here is how we like to do it.
First - get this stuff. You'll need it.
- 2-3 kg of bones, we use oxtail, shoulder and marrow beef bones
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 pinch of tumeric
Now, lets make it.
- Roast bones at 190C oven for 30 minutes, flipping them over half way.
- Place in slow cooker and fill with water until the water line is just under the top of bones along with the carrot, vinegar and tumeric.
- Set slow cooker to high for 1 hour, then turn down to low, gently skimming off any scum and turning bones periodically
- Cook on low for at least 24 hours
- Drain the liquid through a sieve, making sure to catch all the cooked bones (this is important!). Cool the broth, then transfer to mason jars or airtight glass jars.
Bear and Co. Barkery make power snacks and just want to remind you we aren’t providing health advice for your dog. Always feed snacks to your pup in consultation with your vet, particularly if they have health concerns.