Our Baked Treats
Everyone talks about healthy snacks these days - add the words organic, free range and you think you might be onto a winner. We value the idea of complete transparency in what we do. We happily share recipes and ingredients so you can make the most informed choice about what you feed your pupper.
Lets start with the base for our treats
All our baked treats have our own flour mix. It includes (in the order of prominence below). The texture of the treats is affected, so they aren't as shiny and pretty as others, but we choose nutritional benefits over aesthetics every day.
- 30% Organic Coconut Flour
- 30% Grain-free oats
- 20% Almond Flour / Meal
- 10% Buckwheat Flour
- 10% Brown rice flour
We make our own applesauce in house. It contains apples, raw, unfiltered honey and cinnamon. We blitz it (thank you nutribullet!) into a sauce which goes into every treat.
We use free range eggs only, sourced locally in all our baked treats
We use virgin organic coconut oil in all our baked treats.
Now for the Fillings!
We have grown our range quite a bit, so here are the fillings we put into each of the range. All ingredients listed below are in addition to the base explained above:
- Activated Charcoal - Add activated charcoal & Peanut Butter (made with100% peanuts)
- Bear Beets - Add Whole Beetroot
- Blueberry Bliss - Add Whole Blueberries
- Pumpkin Poppers - Add Whole Pumpkin
- Sweet, Sweet Potato - Add Whole Sweet Potato
- Apple, Carrot & Bacon - Add grated carrot & apples along with Rindless bacon chips made with coconut oil
- Bananas for Bacon - Add Whole Bananas and Rindless bacon chips made with coconut oil
- Peanut Butter & Honey - Add Raw Unfiltered Organic Honey & Peanut Butter (made with100% peanuts)
- Beefy Broth Bites - Add Beef Bones Broth (Beef, Tumeric, Apple Cider Vinegar) & Shredded Australian Beef
- Green Machine - Add Peas, Kale, Spinach, Mint, Parsely and Organic Spirulina Powder (human grade)
- Fibre Bones - Add Peanut Butter made with 100% peanuts) & the base ingredient for this is spent beer grains. These are whole grains made from cracked wheat varieties. It is the only treat we make with wheat and it is whole. There is no alcohol in this recipe.
Why we use Icing Rarely.
We occasionally add icing onto products - very occasionally. We don't believe icing is necessary or has any health benefits whatsoever, but we know it can be fun on the very rare occasion. If you buy your treats with icing, always ask for an ingredients list!
Our icing mixture is a supplied "Pet Friendly" product - here are the ingredients, you can see why we don't use it often! It looks great, but really I wouldn't be giving this to my dogs except as a very rare treat for a special occasion.
Arrowroot (Tapioca), Corn/Wheat Starch, Albumen, Milk Powder, Guar Gum, Corn Syrup Solids, Hydrogenated Vegetable Fat (coconut), Sodium Caseinate (milk), Acidity regulators (340, 452), Vegetable emulsifiers (471, 481)